Gender Equality

 Poets&Quants | MBAs: Gender Inequality Common In The Workplace

    In our society gender equality is something that women have to fight for. As women, we have to fight tooth and nail for the same rights as men. I was recently watching the NCAA basketball tournament and saw the difference between the women's gym and the men's gym and they could not even compare. The women got a weight rack and yoga mats whereas, the men got an entire state-of-the-art gym. Not only does this stuff happen in sports it happens at work. 

    As a woman, I find I have to fight for my place at work. I work as a manager and I find I always have to prove I am equally as qualified as the managers that are men. The men always receive more respect than I do or the other women who are managers at my job. It is important men understand the role they play in creating these challenges for women. Men need to understand that women can do anything they can do. Women can be a manager, boss, CEO, and leader just as good as men can. We as a society need to change. We need to do better and ba better. Women are powerful, strong, intelligent, and smart. We deserve to have equal rights and fair treatment not just in sports, and business, but in life. 

Comments

Popular Posts