Breaking silence

 

I found this quote perfect for how I felt for so many years. My parents divorced when I was very young and throughout my life, I was always silenced by my father whenever I spoke, I was punished. I resented him for many years. I was so angry at everyone and everything I felt trapped and alone. I Still Struggle with opening up to people and talking about my feelings. I finally spoke up and talked to my mom about what was happening, and she told me I should never feel like that. I no longer speak to my father because I do not need anyone in my life who is not willing to listen to me. I am realizing that my voice is important I shouldn’t silence myself and push my problems under the rug. People can’t read my mind and I need to talk to them if I have a problem to resolve the issue.  Everyone has a voice, and everyone should use it including me. 








Comments

Popular Posts